The Latest News…
Photos. Below are two photos showing a recent example of a home I built in 2010 (view more).
Articles. Read the latest news about the benefits of building green.
What the local media are saying…
Media. Below are links to recent articles featuring DPO Construction in the media.
- North Johnson County News, “Green Dream House,” October 2009, page 11. “For many, eco-friendly products, sustainable design and alternative fuels are still novel concepts, but Don Otto of rural Iowa City has been in the middle of a green revolution for more than 30 years.”
- The Gazette, “Green or greenest becoming question for more home buyers,” 29 September 2009, Front Page. “Improvements in energy-efficient home building are causing some home buyers to ask: How green is green enough? A new 3,661-square-foot house completed this fall in Solon will likely have heating bills of only $223 a year and cooling bills of only $34 annually, according to a home energy rating. The home’s carbon footprint will be less than half of a typical house of the same size.” [more…]
- Iowa City Press-Citizen, “Green Living in Solon,” Saturday, September 12, 2009, page 1 local section. “An Iowa City homebuilder is using the experience he’s developed during the past three decades on a new home in Solon. The homeowners are set to start moving in this weekend at a green and energy efficient home in Solon built by Don Otto, owner of DPO Construction LC.” [more…]
- Our Earth Day 2009 Green Home Tour Video is now available on the What I Build page.
- Housing Matters: Can Building Green Be Affordable? The Iowa City Housing and Community Development Association presents a discussion on building sustainable and affordable housing. 7 p.m. 28 Oct. 2009, Iowa City Public Library Meeting Rm. A. Speakers: Gregory Paul Johnson (Small House Society). Don Otto (DPO Construction LC).